For the upcoming aurora season from September 2016 we have created some really extraordinary travel arrangements for you - the "Kiruna aurora nights" packages. Every month from September to March we invite you to follow us on our extended night time excursions in Kiruna the north of Sweden. The aurora tours on these sites are scheduled to bring your experience of seeing aurora borealis to the max. Dates for these tours are choosen for you to be our guest during the phases of new moon - when the land will be pitch black and no moonlight will reduce the contrast of the dancing aurora borealis in the night sky! This is not the typical Kiruna day tour ! All activies will happen between 09.00 pm and 03.00 am - real night time when the chance to see the northern lights are really great!
- All our aurora night tours will take place in and around Kiruna - the northernmost and largest municipality in Sweden.
- All tours are limited to max 5 participants - to keep a personal atmosphere and to avoid stress and impacts of group dynamics.
- All activities will be guided by professional and routined multi-lingual guides.
- Whenever aurora will appear we will take the time to stop, watch and enjoy.
- All means of transport that will be used during these tours (vans, snowmobiles) are of actual technologically standard to reduce emissions as far as possible.
- No accommodation and no general boarding is included. We provide a choice of recommendations for hotels in Kiruna but keep it up to you to choose after own preferences
- Some tours might lead you over the borders to Norway or Finland. Please check the necessity of visa regulations valid for travellers from your country of residence!
- In case you should not be interested in spending all nights of your stay in Kiruna awake just consider our tour with dog sledding and snowmobile during the mid winter season OR any of our other tours in Kiruna
- During our northern lights tours in Kiruna / aurora tours with sub-arctic winter conditions (December - March) we provide proper winter gear: Overall, boots, warm hat, mittens
- Our tours are perfect for aurora borealis photographers. But these are NO PHOTO COURSES! We provide a free Lapland aurora borealis photo guide for successful aurora photography on this homepage HERE
- During all tours we keep it open to change the itinerary in dialogue with the participants to always maximize the chance to see the aurora borealis
to see our tours for the northern lights season 2016-2017 please visit our mainpage
To choose which weather forecast for Kiruna, Sweden you want to trust in we provide a choice of predictions on our page www.kirunaweather.com